Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Position Type: Full Time
Title: M&E Appraiser
Job Location: Boston
Division: Tiger Valuation Services
Tiger Valuation Services, LLC is one of the nation’s leading machinery and equipment appraisal firms. Tiger’s talented professionals develop valuations for financial institutions, helping the country’s major lenders issue asset-based loans on a broad range of equipment including injection molding, material handling, textile manufacturing, metalworking, food processing, and rolling stock.
The appraiser is responsible for managing all aspects of each valuation project, including:
- Performing the field diligence for each project including traveling to client sites, inspecting and documenting assets, and interviewing company personnel
- Researching comparable data for appraised equipment
- Handling communications with the appraised company and the client
- Perform peer reviews for other Tiger machinery and equipment appraisers, checking reports for quality, consistency with similar appraisals, and accuracy
- Coordinating with members of internal team to construct the financial exhibits and written narrative that support the liquidation strategy
- Participating in follow-up meetings with company and client contacts
- At least five years of experience in the appraisal of tangible assets; specific history of providing liquidation values for machinery and equipment a plus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong problem-solving, planning, and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines
- Comfort with databases, and the ability to quickly learn and adapt to a variety of platforms and systems
Most projects will require the appraiser to travel, with the majority of trips limited to a single day. Overall, approximately 30-50% of the appraiser’s time is spent traveling.
If you are interested in applying, please email [email protected].Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.