Position Type: Full Time Job
Title: Financial Writer
Job Location: Boston
Division: Tiger Valuation Services
Tiger Valuation Services is looking for an experienced editor to review inventory appraisal reports created by our in-house writers and appraisers. The reports our teams write are used by banks when issuing loans to a variety of companies, including some of the nation’s largest retail chains, food distributors, and consumer-goods manufacturers. Each report provides a general overview of the Company’s operations, a summary of the available inventory, and an explanation of Tiger’s valuation.
We are looking for a talented, dynamic editor seeking a new challenge. No extensive business or financial experience is required: At Tiger, we’re looking for journalists, writers, researchers, and other language professionals who can apply their skills in a whole new field – while also gaining a deep knowledge of the business world in the process.
Tiger offers competitive benefits, including a generous health plan and subsidized commute.
- Review reports for clarity, precision, and completeness
- Identify logical inconsistencies to be resolved by the appraisal team
- Oversee implementation of edits and inputs from multiple sources and ensure that any incompatible comments are resolved
- Ensure that proper grammar is used and that in-house formatting guidelines are followed.
- Oversee a team of three to four technical writers.
- Conduct daily meeting with writing team
- Develop and update template documents and training materials
- Five years professional experience in a writing-related field, including at least two years of management and editing experience
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines concurrently and adapt to changing priorities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to quickly understand and communicate new technical concepts and ideas
If you are interested in applying, please email a cover letter and resume to [email protected].