Position Type: Full Time Job
Title: Writer/Report Editor
Job Location: Boston & Los Angeles
Division: Tiger Valuation Services
Tiger Valuation Services wants writers who are seeking a different kind of challenge – turning the thoughts of financial analysts into clear, coherent English that anyone can understand.
At our Boston and Los Angeles offices, Tiger’s writers work in small teams to craft reports that banks use to issue loans to a variety of companies – including some of the nation’s largest retail chains, food distributors, and consumer-goods manufacturers. No extensive business or financial experience is required: At Tiger, we’re looking for journalists, writers, researchers, and other language professionals who can apply their skills in a whole new field – while also gaining a deep knowledge of the business world in the process.
Tiger offers competitive benefits, including a generous health plan, subsidized commute, and office snacks.
- Research the company and industry using articles, industry reports, SEC filings, and other publicly-available information.
- Convert notes collected by appraisers and field analysts into cogent, clear reports
- Edit fellow writers’ reports for clarity, grammar, spelling, and style
- Work closely with appraisers, financial analysts, and other coworkers to meet deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, or a related field
- Mastery of Microsoft Word; familiarity with Excel a plus
- Writing and editing experience – internships and college publications OK
- Attention to detail
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Ability to work under time constraints
If you are interested in applying, please email [email protected]. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we will only be contacting qualified candidates for further consideration.